You’re going to love the Simple Lace Triangle Shawl Crochet Pattern. It’s a lovely crochet shawl worked in rows and featuring a color changing yarn cake.
The stitch pattern for this crochet shawl is the V-stitch and it works up easily.
Table of Contents
How to get this crochet pattern:
Option 1: Scroll down to see the FREE Crochet Pattern ⬇️
Option 2: Purchase the printable PDF:
Option 3: Get the printable version inside the crochet pattern membership.
Option 4: Most of my crochet patterns can also be found on Ravelry, Love Crafts and Etsy.
How To Crochet The V-Stitch Triangle Shawl
This crochet shawl pattern is worked from the pointy end, with increasing stitches on each row until you reach desired size.
The stitch used is the v-stitch.
Because of the stitch repeats, you can make this shawl and substitute with any yarn thickness and crochet hook size.
Yarn For The Sequins Crochet Shawl
The suggested yarn for the Simple Lace Triangle Shawl crochet pattern is the amazing Mandala Sequins yarn from Lion Brand yarn.
It comes in some lovely color combinations. Yarn is mostly acrylic with some polyester and sequins.
Beautiful Crochet Shawl Pattern
The Simple Lace Triangle Shawl crochet pattern is a beautiful crochet wrap pattern that works well with any outfit.
If you want to customize your crochet shawl, adding tassels or fringe is a good option.
This lightweight triangle shawl design works up quickly and is such an easy crochet pattern, with just one row repeating throughout.
Since you like the Simple Lace Triangle Shawl crochet pattern, these might interest you too?
Love this crochet pattern? Save on Pinterest!
How Long Does It Take To Crochet That?
How long it takes to crochet something varies depending on your skill & how fast you crochet. But that isn’t a helpful answer is it?
Well, I’ve developed a yarn calculator to help you get the answer to this question.
It will help you calculate exactly how much time you’ll spend crocheting a project.
All you need to know is how much yarn you will use on the project in either meters, yards or skeins. Then crochet your test square & time it.
Calculate how long it takes to crochet that.
Not ready to crochet it yet?
- Share about this crochet pattern on Facebook & Instagram using #joyofmotioncrochet.
- Save on Pinterest to make it later.
The Free V-Stitch Shawl Crochet Pattern
The Simple Lace Triangle Shawl Crochet Pattern Summary
The Simple Lace Triangle Shawl crochet pattern is an easy pattern for a v-stitch shawl. Works up easily back and forth in rows, from the pointy end.
Stitches increase evenly throughout the shawl, resulting in a beautiful crochet triangle shawl.
Wear this crochet accessory to dress up or to keep your shoulders warm.
Materials Needed For The Lace Crochet Shawl
How much yarn needed for the triangle shawl:
2 skeins / 100 g / 540 m / 590 yards
Measured on V-stitches crocheted in rows:
8 stitches per 15 cm / 6″.
10 rows per 10 cm / 4″.
Crochet Pattern Notes
- This crochet pattern is written in US terms.
- All measurements given are unblocked.
- Note that measurements are given as exact as possible. But crochet tension & technique might give variations in the result, that changes from person to person.
- Read pattern instructions carefully before beginning to make sure you understand everything. It might save you hours!
- Make a swatch that measure at least 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inches using the stitch the gauge is given for. If your swatch matches the gauge, you’re good to go. If the gauge is wrong, you might need to change your hook. Go up in crochet hook size if your stitches are smaller & go down in crochet hook size if your stitches are bigger. Learn more about testing gauge.
- Check yarn info if you want to find an alternative or test your yarn against the gauge. Learn more about substituting yarn.
- This pattern is written for 1 size, however size adjustments are suggested under the heading “Size & Measurements”.
- At the end of each row, the stitch count is given in parenthesis.
Size and Measurements
Width: 132 cm / 52 inches
Height: 73.5 cm / 29 inches
- Crochet more / less rows to adjust width and height.
- Alternatively, change yarn thickness and hook to change the overall number of rows needed to achieve the size wanted. With a smaller hook & yarn, you will need to make more rows to achieve the same size. With a thicker hook & yarn, you will need less rows to achieve the same size.
Ch = chain (s) (tutorial)
ch-sp = refers to chain or space previously made
ch-1-sp = refers to chain or space previously made, with 1 ch
dc = double crochet
St = stitch (es)
Stitches Used In The Crochet Pattern
(dc, ch 1, dc) in designated ch-space.
1 V-stitch makes 1 ch-1-space.
Lace Triangle Shawl Instructions
Row 1: Ch 4 (counts as base ch + 1 dc + ch 1), dc in first ch made, turn (= 1 V-stitch made on this row).
Row 2: Ch 3 and dc in first st (counts as 1 v-stitch), 1 V-stitch in each ch-1-space until end of row, turn (= 2 V-stitches made on this row).
Repeat row 2 until you have worked 69 rows, you will increase 1 V-stitch per row and you will have 69 V-stitches on the final row.
Fasten off & cut yarn.
Fasten threads & weave in ends.
Share It And Share Pictures!
I really hope you liked the Simple Lace Triangle Shawl Crochet Pattern!
- Tag me on Instagram: Take a picture of your project, use #joyofmotioncrochet & tag me!
- Share your finished Simple Lace Triangle Shawl Crochet Pattern on Ravelry.
I can’t wait to see your pictures!